Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Chemically induced midlife crisis.

Interesting news on the FOX2P front. It seems that several companies are now Banning their executives from taking Cognitive Enhancers based on FOX2P research. Apparently, there's been a rash of top producers who were on the drug quitting their jobs.

Basically, there guys in high pressure jobs have been secretly acquiring cognitive enhancers (The same ones my son could use, actually) and taking them to help the compete. Supposedly when taken by a person who is neurotypical, it boosts general IQ, and social skills and empathy in particular. I think maybe it's that last one that does it.

Because one side effect many seem to experience is a life-changing realization that they could be doing better things. ONe guy in the article explained that basically, he was sitting in a meeting with a client when it hit him, "If this deal goes through, I'll make another million on top of the 50 million I'm already worth. These other guys, who I don't actually like, will also get richer even though they are already weatlthy. And meanwhile, real problems need solutions, and real people need the real resources we're using up in our little money games. Nobody at this table really needs more, me included. Why am I doing this?"

A lot of these people who quit go on to simplify their lifestyle, selling fancy cars and getting bikes, moving into smaller places, spending more time with family. A few have become Unplugged, or dedicated themselves to charity work. I think more than a few have become SEHIs, actually. Shout out if you're one of them, I'd love to hear the story of a FOX2P dropout firsthand.

Also, the article mentioned that there were open-source versions of the FOX2P drugs that could be made from home. If anyone has a lead on those recipes, I'd be very greatful.

No comments: